If you are planning a Jamaican vacation and need help deciding the location, then this customer ranking of Ocho Rios hotels will help you make a selection. Ocho Rios was not always the fast-paced business centre and prime tourist destination that it is now. It was once a rustic fishing village and bauxite port well before the advent of large scale tourism. It now boasts luxurious hotels and condominium complexes in addition to being a choice destination for cruise ship stop overs.
Vacations In Ocho Rios Jamaica
If you are planning to take a well-deserved vacation, and happen to choose Ocho Rios, you’ll be happy you did in the end. There are more than 37 wonderful hotels there as well as a wide array of places that would interest cruise-ship passengers.
First, there’s a wide cross-section of restaurants, bars, historic sites and other exciting places of interest. Also, the all-inclusive hotels have wide variety of goods, services and activities for your money’s worth. The testimonials from persons who have visited this area have been collected and this information has helped the formulation of the following hotel ratings.
Reviews of Hotels in Ocho Rios
- Jamaica Inn
- Couples Sans Souci
- Sandals Royal Plantation
- The Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort & Spa
- Couples Tower Isle
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort
- Chrisanns Beach Resort
- Crystal Ripple Beach Lodge
- ClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios
- Scotch on the Rocks
- Hibiscus Lodge Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort
- Rooms Ocho Rios
- Silver Seas Resort Hotel
- Grand Sport Villa Golf Resort & Spa
- Noel Coward’s Blue Harbour
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa
- Marine View Hotel
- Plantation Inn
- Garden House
- Coral Cay Beach Resort Villas
- Sombra Apartments
- Little Pub Inn
- Ocean Sands
- Pier View
- Pineapple Hotel
- Village Hotel
- Fisherman’s Point Resort
- Sand Castles Resort
- Rio Blanco Hotel
- Arawak Inn Hotel
- The Country Manors
Amenities offered by Couples Resorts
Couples resorts is a good example of one of the Caribbean’s most premiere all inclusive resorts. Its list of amenities offered below will give you a good idea of what to expect from other such hotels. However, some of the hotels listed above have only a few amenities to offer and at a much cheaper price. As such they may only offer bed and breakfast. Therefore you get to choose the one that best fits your vacation needs and budget.
- Four swimming pools including, a mineral pool containing a vast gamut of rejuvenating minerals
- Natural mineral springs, known for curative and rejuvenating
- Four unique restaurants serving the finest international cuisine with Caribbean fusion flavors: Casanova Mediterranean cuisine, Palazzina bistro, Bella Vista Jamaican fare, Beach Grill
- In-suite dining
- Six bars, including the swim up pool bar, and Balloon bar, all serving premium brand liquors, and wines.
- Private beach for au naturel sunbathing
- Watersports & scuba
- Tennis courts with lights for night play, complimentary lesson
- Unlimited golf (transfers and green fees included. Caddy mandatory at a nominal charge)
- Seaside, air-conditioned fitness center, with state of the art cardio equipment.
- Classes include aerobics, yoga, acquiesces, Pilates and meditation
- Glass-bottom boat tour
- Dunn’s River Falls tour
- Shopping excursions to downtown Ocho Rios
- Shuttle to Island Village, home of Jimmy Buffett’s “Margaritaville”
Couples resorts is a good example of one of the Caribbean’s most premiere all inclusive resorts. Its list of amenities offered, will give you a good idea of what to expect from other such hotels. However, some of the hotels listed above have only a few amenities to offer and at a much cheaper price. As such they may only offer bed and breakfast. Therefore you get to choose the one that best fits your vacation needs and budget.
- Amenities of Couples Resorts (n.d.) Retrieved from trip advisor on 28/09/2011
- Discover Ocho Rios ( n.d.) Retrieved from Discover Jamaica on 28/09/2011
Article provided by pedro Whyte