by Eloise Shutt,
Nestled between beautiful beaches and pristine mountains, Rio de Janiero, Brazil provides endless opportunities for exploring the unique culture, enjoying the upbeat nightlife, and soaking in some of the most beautiful landscapes you will ever see.
If you are looking for a unique and exciting vacation destination abroad, Rio de Janiero should definitely be put on the top of the list. When you start to make plans for your trip to Rio, remember that it is always a good idea to read up on medical travel insurance information so you are prepared in case there is an emergency while you are out of the country. Once you have all of the medical travel insurance information you need, you can ease your worries and plan your adventure to include thrilling vacation activities such as zip lining, parasailing, and even bungee jumping in Rio.
If you’re looking for something a little more “grounded”, you will be glad to learn that Rio is home to 23 beaches, the word famous yearly Carnival celebration, and even many religious places of interest. You may even be interested in learning a few new dance moves to move and groove to the unique Brazilian music styles of bossa nova, samba and funk. Food lovers will enjoy the various and many opportunities for fine dining in Rio’s diverse restaurants and bars. Rio truly offers a diverse cultural experience that everyone can enjoy as a vacation destination.
Rio de Janiero is filled with a variety of sites to see and places to discover. According to Fodors, there are some must-see attractions that everyone should include on their list of things to do during a trip to Rio. Check out these 6 popular must-see places and be sure to add them to the top of your “to do” list.
Top 6 Must-See Spots While Vacationing in Rio de Janeiro
1. Corcovado – Take the train, taxi or car ride to the top of Corcovado Mountain to see the Christ statue and the breathtaking view of the city below.
2. Copacabana – Soak in Rio’s beach culture at the world famous Copacabana Beach. This popular destination is humming with activity and is popular with locals and guests of all ages.
3. Favelas – Although it may sound strange, you can take a popular guided walking tour through the maze of hillside slums in Rio. Ruled by gangs but deemed safe to visit by local police, these crowded favelas are home to some of the most extraordinary artistic and musical talent in the area.
4. Ipanema – Brought to worldwide attention by the hit song “The Girl from Ipanema,” this popular beach spotlights the diverse lifestyle in Rio. Check out the luxurious digs, chic shopping ops, and upscale restaurants.
5. Prainha Beach – This secluded crescent shaped beach is known for its high cliffs and bordering rocks. It is the most popular surfing spot in Rio and can be easily accessed via the “surf bus” that runs through the cities of nearby Copacabana and Ipanema.
6. Sugar Loaf Mountain (Pao de Acucar) – Climb aboard the cable car and visit the top of this 390 foot high granite mountain for excellent views of Rio and breathtaking sunsets.
If you are looking for a truly unique vacation experience, Rio de Janiero Brazil offers just the right combination of adventure, relaxation, and activities for a fun filled vacation getaway abroad that you will be talking about for years to come.