For those who love learning and enjoying, India is just the place for them to go on a vacation. India is a country which is diverse and huge. In fact, it is referred to as a continent often because of its diversity. Being the seventh largest and second most highly populated country in the world, the variety of the landscapes, places, cultures and monuments that India has to offer is almost endless. The country is so vast that even Indians do not get to see the whole of it so, if you are planning on a trip to India this year, here are the five best places that you shouldn’t dare miss!
It is one of the best known structures in the entire world. It is a really old monument and probably every traveler’s dream.
- It was constructed by Shah Jahan for his third wife, Mumtaz.
- The Taj Mahal took seventeen years to complete and more than 22,000 people are known to have worked on it.
- It was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- It 561 feet in height and all its four sides are perfectly identical.
The Golden Temple
Amritsar Located in the holy state of Punjab, this beautiful work of Maharaja Ranjit Singh which is made of bronze, gold leaf and marble is a thrill to the eyes.
- The uniqueness of this temple is that it was built in a depression. It is said that this is done to bring a sense of humbleness in the visitors.
- The temple has 4 entrances and the walls are beautifully inlaid with precious stones in glass work and floral patterns and is regarded as the most sacred place of worship for the Sikhs.
- Also known as Harmandar Sahib or Darbar Sahib, the Golden Temple has an average of 35,000 people being fed for free at it.
Ladakh is yet another place which you shouldn’t miss while visiting India. Known as the ‘Land of High Passes’, Ladakh is a beautiful place to spend a holiday.
- Ladakh is about three thousand meters above the sea level and it is the highest plateau of the Kashmir Valley.
- It has more than 225 species of birds such as robins and finches which leave the tourists in awe.
- Also, the highest salt water lake, Pangong is situated in its mountains.
Your trip to India would never be complete if you didn’t visit the top beach destination of India. Although it is the smallest state in India, it really is a wonderful place to visit.
- The official languages of Goa are Marathi and Konkani and it is the only state in India to have two official languages.
- The surrounding countryside is filled with luxurious estates and one couldn’t help but simply enjoy the view.
- It is the perfect place for jet skiing and surfing and is undoubtedly one of the best destinations to spend a holiday.
Nandi Hills is an old hill fortress which is situated in the state of Karnataka, far away from all the fuss of life. This place is known for its amazing landscape and greenery.
- Located in the Chikkaballapur district, Nandi Hills was earlier known as Ananda Gin, which literally means ‘the Hill of Happiness’.
- It is known for its ‘Tippu Drop’, a 600 meter cliff, where the prisoners during King Tippu’s reign were pushed off it.
- It has many scenic attractions to offer such as the Amruth Sarovar Lake, Horse Way and Brahrnashram. Also, it is a great place for trekking.
If you are planning on a trip to India this year, apply for an Indian Visa and had a great fun and discover more.