Surfing is one of the popular outdoor activities nowadays. Surfing as defined by Merriam Webster is a sport of riding ocean waves on a special board called surfboard. Outdoor enthusiasts are always on the look for new and exciting surfing spots. The waves excite them and constantly giving them the joy and freedom.
Yearly, there are given list about the best surfing spots around the world. There are also newly discovered surfing area on a yearly basis. Surfing is also one the things that can increase the tourism rate of a particular country. Below are the best surfing spots gathered from the famous travel websites like CNN and Lonely Planet.
Now, hold your breath and ride the waves on your mind while reading the list in no particular order.
1. Baja Malibu, Baja Norte, Mexico. One characteristic of this place is sandy. The water is not clean. Literally. So it’s best that I should warn you not to swallow it.
2. Fulong Beach, Taiwan. If you still want to hang out on a mellow place yet surfing is good to go, then this place is good. Fulong Beach is also okay when it comes to surfing. Surfers will ride on a one to two meters waves.
3. Surin Beach, Phuket, Thailand. What the surfers like about this place is the warm opaque water plus delicious pad Thai noodles on nearby street.
4. Black’s Beach, San Diego, California. Usually, professional surfers are here. Considered as one of the best place for surfer gathering during weekends and holidays.
5. Hanalei Bay, Hawaii. You will love the place because it’s really pretty with its waterfalls from the tropical cliffs. Surfers love to hang out here because of its overhead tubes and consistently fine waves.
6. Pasta Point, Maldives. Well, Maldives will always be on the list. The surfing spot here is good for beginners. The waves here reach the three meters height. Plus you can actually hang out with monkeys swinging on trees when you are not riding the waves.
7. Superbank, Gold Coast, Australia. It produces tubes and solid walls.
8. Nihiwatu, Sumba, Indonesia. A perfectly stunning location to surf.
9. Cloud Nine, Siargao Island, Philippines. For those people who want to experience dramatic and powerful reef break that leads to crashing into razor-sharp coral, then this place will guarantee that feeling. Surfers commented that the waves here will wrap your over like a liquid cocoon. A daredevil experience.
10. Hossegor and Biarritz, France. Visit the place during Spring because the waves roar at its best.
11. Malibu, California. The birthplace of the surfing culture. Try to catch the waves in front of the crowd.
12. Supertubes, Jeffrey’s Bay, South Africa. Surfers love the place because they ride on 300 meters long waves.
13. Pipeline, Oahu, Hawaii. Considered as the big daddy of all waves. Surfers always love the place because it holds the heaviest waves in the world.
14. Coconuts, Samoa. The classic waves that can crack your surfing board that sometimes lead to the breaking of corals.
15. El Zonte, El Salvador. If you don’t want a crowd, visit this place. Expect the waves to be 10 feet high during the months of March to October.
Let’s go surfing, guys!
Who is Lissie Samson? She’s a travel enthusiast and would go beach bumming during vacation. She’s a Creative Writing major and a researcher for edugeeksclub.com. Lissie would like to share her views on different things.